Urban Craft Uprising *Virtual* Summer Show
Friday, June 19th & Saturday, June 20th
10:00 A.M. – 2:00 P.M. EACH DAY
Last month we were devastated to have to cancel our big Summer Show, which would have been happening at the end of this month. This was the first time we’ve ever had to cancel one of our big biannual shows, and the decision did not come easily.
However, we have thought of a way to bring you the closest thing we can to this summertime celebration of our vendors and the incredible work that they do, with our Virtual Summer Show!
Tune in to our Instagram and to the Facebook event, when the event begins each day. Every few minutes, we’ll be publishing a post about each of our featured vendors, where you’ll get to meet the maker him/herself, learn about what they do, what inspires them, and what new products they are coming out with this season.
You’ll find an easy link in our Instagram Stories to purchase from them directly, and an easy way to jump from their featured post directly to their own social media platforms. We’ll also have a vendor gallery published on our website where you can return to see any vendors you may have missed.
Not only that but throughout the weekend we’ll also be sharing live product demos, studio tours, interviews, and giveaways with all of our Summer Show vendors!
We know many of you are as eager as we are to get back to the in-person markets that we all love and are missing so much this year. We hope this can be a great opportunity for you to engage with some of your favorite vendors, meet some new ones, and show our wonderful maker community some much-needed love and support.
Show Dates: Friday, June 19th & Saturday, June 20th
Cost to Participate: $40
What you’ll get:
- A dedicated post, scheduled during the show hours on these two days, fed to our Instagram and Facebook communities (17,000+ followers on each platform) that will feature a photo of YOU the maker, 3 product photos, an introduction to your business, and 4 interview questions that will help our customers get to you know and your products even better.
- We’ll tag the post with your own social media handles, and will pair this with an Instagram story that shoppers can swipe, to link directly to your online shop.
- We will also be building a vendor gallery on our website (like this one) where shoppers can return to find you again after the fact; this will remain up on our site until the Winter Show this December.
- Option to add on a live feature (such as a product demo, studio tour, interview, etc.) for no additional charge
- Option to add a giveaway on to your post, in order to engage even more with our fans (no additional cost).
We’ll be announcing this to our fans this week, and hyping it up throughout the next 2 weeks leading up to the show, so that we’ll have as many eyeballs as possible from our amazingly supportive fans tuning in on the 19th and 20th, eager to see our featured Summer Show vendors.
A note about one of the application questions:
You’ll see on the application that we are asking for a photo not just of your products, but of YOU. This is because we want to highlight our community, to show people that we are makers, that we are small businesses, that we are artists. We want to show them that each and every one of us has built our business from a passion — from a spark of an idea that we could not ignore — and also to remind them that we are trying to make a living and to put food on our tables by doing so. This is why we encourage you to upload a photo of YOU in the last section where it asks for one. We want our followers to see the faces and the humans behind these products that they love. Own your greatness and this community that we have created!